Welcome to the Racers Garage

Home of the Redline Racers Association
It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheat
PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 11:22 am 
Garage Pass Holder
Garage Pass Holder

Do some peeps racing here think I cheat? My setups are tweaked in some way? If one person even has a doubt about my honesty in online racing here then I'm done here and will move on. I don't want to race were people think I cheat. I will take the last two races off and you guys as a group can decide if I cheat. I'm truely in disbelief of hearing of this.

As for last nights race. I was pissed at what happened but it happens. I was hesitant on what to do and direction to go. My line all race was to come off the corners low to stay away from the outside walls. I clipped Matts rear corner cuz the speed difference was more than I was expecting. Yes there was room up high, but with Chris behind me I didn't want to move too high and smack the outside wall.

That's all

Shane

Post subject: Re: Cheat
PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 11:33 am 
RRA Admin
RRA Admin

What are you talking about, Shane? I didn't see anything in the chat that indicated such an accusation? :? Was there something said on TeamSpeak? Why would you think there is some accusation of cheating?

Everything I have gleaned from your character and what others from your dirt league would indicate quite the opposite!

We had similar accusations all through the Papyrus days when some guys were consistently faster. We always took the approach that as long as guys weren't loading "Memory hacks" it wasn't "cheating".

Short of becoming a "fixed setup" league, (ack!) there isn't much we can do to police this topic but rely on everyones integrity.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 12:09 pm 
Jack Man
Jack Man

Mark you screwed up my long post with yours stupid forum!!!

i'm not retyping ok yes i am because i'm pissed off beyond belief and I will defend myself over this because that one last night was my altanta setup with tweaks that shane said during the middle of the race....yes i dont run 9500s RPM like real nascar and yes I don't always use .000 toe but I make my setups where they are fast enough and stable enough usually more stable for other people then me to drive them...when i get a PM from somebody shooting towards me about shane cheating I'm going to respond and not only I'm going to tell shane since he is one of my good friends (wouldn't notice it last night, sorry again) from online racing and I have down right most respect for him.

I will openly admit I don't use -.006 or -.013 but i like to keep them around there but if i need to make the car more driveable then I use change the toe in and other components to make the car more stable. yes i dont know what chris gerhart knows about the game either but he does recieve and tweak my setup last night does that mean he cheats as well? I think this is absolutely retarded that we are talking about this right now. We certainly aren't using memory leaks or exe to make us faster yet because we don't set them up like a fucken nascar in real life then I guess we cheat...then f*ck I CHEAT f-en sue me! I use to much positive toe in at certain tracks or not enough gears or w/e else would you like me to run....maybe give your setup like i give out mine i have been duing all year...why would i hand something out if i thought i would be called a cheater....here what i got to say to you that think i cheat! here is a note buy a server make your own league make it a fixed setup league (your own nascar setups) and stop jabbing at me that i'm a cheater!

Good Day!

Last edited by Matt Hoffman on November 8th, 2010, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 12:20 pm 
Tire Changer
Tire Changer

Ok . guys i'm the one that started this , I'm sorry,I guess there is a glitch in the game, Ive seen this at SS tracks too, I apologize for accusing for guys taking what the game will let you do . you can delete me from here, Cya I looked to see if i could delete me from the forums so i guess a admin will have to do that

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 12:35 pm 
Garage Pass Holder
Garage Pass Holder

No one needs to leave. This is a good bunch of guys here. But I'm confused (and I tried to find some rules listed here somewhere), are we supposed to only run 9500 rpm and what does toe in have to do with anything for cheating. When Someone asked me about the high toe-in on the setup I gave out last night, I honestly had no idea what it would matter.... But thanks to that person I adjusted it down and my RF tire wear went down and it made me even faster.

This is just a game. Yes peeps still get upset cuz you want to be competitive. That setup I had, I changed stuff on it to adapt it to my driving style, but that was done long before last nights race. I would suggest no one leave this league, but unless there are some rules stated on some issues (maybe there are... I don't know) you run what the game allows you to run... that's not cheating.

Can you fix certain aspects of the setups, like rpm range? If 9500 is what we are supposed to run, than that's what I'll run.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 12:37 pm 
Tire Changer
Tire Changer

history repeating itself

Attachments:
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif [ 3.95 KiB | Viewed 956 times ]

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 12:45 pm 
Jack Man
Jack Man

shane you nailed it with that response...if we are told we have to run 9500 RPMs + or a certain tow in then I'm going to do it based on what the league wants me too...no fighting or complaining i have tons of respect for mark and tim and what they say goes simple as that (not that we always agree ofcourse, right mark cough TS cough).

I'm sure shane tweaked his setup for the toe in because last night I ran -.006 and flat .000 and my tire wear was fine with my Texas setup...so that is why i said I don't know if chris tweaked anything on my setup from last night or not but I'm sure he just changed the normal track bar, weight and gear to his liking. You would have to ask Chris himself but i'm sure he didn't go nuts on the tow in or tow out probably didnt even touch the damn thing.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 6:51 pm 
Tire Changer
Tire Changer

"" I am sorry for assuming the worst , Shane And Matt and anyone else whom i offended, I am truly sorry, I guess that im so used to running with a bunch of idiot (previous league) , that well , i am :oops:

Last edited by Dilligaf on November 10th, 2010, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 7:21 pm 
Garage Pass Holder
Garage Pass Holder

I'm fine with everything and everybody. I just need to know if I have crossed some line on a written or unwritten rule somewhere. If I have then I apologize, if I haven't then piss off cuz I keep giving my setups out, everyone has the same opportunity... :lol: ..... (_!_)

I'm just kidding.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 8:02 pm 
Pit Pass Holder
Pit Pass Holder

Im not gonna lie but Matt's right, I received his setup last night and changed nothing to the toe. I didnt even look at it for that matter. Im more focused on doing what I needed to do to make the car to my liking. So I did, and honest to god, coming from a dirt driver, to me, there aint no damn difference between toe in or out by the slightest degree of -.006 or + .006, maybe a 1/4 lap of tire wear and god knows that dont matter much. But what do I know, been racing for only 13 years now. ;) . And what have I learned from them 13 years of either racing dirt or watching any other type of motorsports. If you go to a race and cannot find one driver who is cheating to the slightest degree, then your St-st-st-STUPID. :lol: